- Are typically found in production plants & comfort cooling operations.
- Are generally built into structures and the level of access is limited.
- Have high repair costs due to their location and potential for disruption of services.
- Risk extensive damage due to failure of piping if not maintained & monitored.
- Operate with a low water loss (<10%annum on system volume).
- To support sound mechanical design.
- To inhibit corrosion on the various metals that are represent.
- Control bacterial activity that can create environment with MIC.
- To prevent deposition of hardness salts and corrosion products.
- For existing systems, program should help to move deposits to allow the inhibitors to reach the system metal.
- Ferrous alloy inhibitors designed to protect mild steel.
- Yellow metal inhibitors designed to protect copper and alloys.
- Buffering Agents to control system pH.
- Dispersants to disperse solids.
Well managed systems operate for very long periods without issue, if water losses occur & are unnoticed, severe corrosion & fouling can occur. Recommend, water meters with pulse output to control level of inhibitor present in circuit.
Once system has been lost, corrective action is required. Online cleaning is recommended to ensure circuit is back to being protected. Initial option is flush & clean, however loss of anti freeze & costs in downtime & cleaning can be cost prohibitive. There fore an online clean is an alternative.
- Relies on corrected treatment to slowly remove corrosion or scale and capture them by filtration of the circuit.
- With surfactant/polymer to remove organic deposits and capture them by filtration of the circuit.
- Using elevated levels of phosphonate & polymer to remove corrosion product.
Well managed systems operate for very long periods without issue, if water losses occur & are unnoticed, severe corrosion & fouling can occur.